Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I am loving...

my new schedule at work. Okay so I have only done one shift, but wow, what a difference. I love being at home more. I am not sleeping much but hey, that just leaves more time to get ready for Miss Aubrey. Yesterday, I made my first dress. It is adorable. I had bought fabric months ago, but after getting frustrated with my first dress, I quit sewing. I found a free pillowcase dress pattern online and decided since I had fabric at the house that I loved with matching ribbon I should give it a go. It took about 2 1/2 hours but I feel so accomplished. Now I have all kinds of projects in mind. I cannot wait to get going again. I have to purchase some additional software in order to complete the other items, well that and fabric. Hopefully I can get really good and make some extra money in the future off my creations.

Another thing I am loving is Ben's love and adoration for our unborn baby girl. He just melts my heart. I am really surprised at how he is acting. Because of some issues with our bassinet, we had to put the pack-n-play in our room for her to sleep in. It fits best on Ben's side of the bed which has him so excited because he wants her right by his side all the time. I told him since I will be getting up with her during the night maybe we should temporarily change places. At first he was kinda okay with it, but last night he told me that he had thought about it, and our current sleeping arrangements are fine. I don't care either way, I just think it is so funny and cute how he is acting. This morning he asked me to PLEASE call him if I go into labor.....OKAY, will do. I didn't realize that needed to discuss that. I cannot wait to see the two of them together. Thank goodness I am planning on breastfeeding, because I think that is going to be the only way I can pry her away from him.

I guess I need to clean up the house some more, my bedroom carpet looks awful (I don't know why I am obsessed with my bedroom carpet. I know it is really not dirty, I mean I have vacuumed it more in the past couple of days than in the year we have been here). I have signed up for an extra shift at work today, hopefully they will not need me, but if they do that is just extra money (which we could definitely use). I hope everyone has a good day!!!

2 comments:

  1. She will be here soon! you need to post pictures of your dress. I have been working on pants and appliques. Have you tried any appliques yet? Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that he told you to call him. That is something that would come out of Clint's mouth. I love it!! It is getting so close!! I will be praying for you, Aubrey and Ben. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete