So for those of you that don't know, I am in the hospital at 25 weeks with preterm contractions. This weekend I was having a lot of pressure off and on and after being ordered by a coworker to go to the hospital, I gingerly called the doc on call but then waited until after work to turn into L & D for what EVERYONE thought was going to be a 1 hour triage and then off to the house.
Well, not so much. They put me on the monitor and low and behold I was having a lot of uterine irritability and contracting. Okay, big deal a shot of brethine and out the door in a couple hours when we are sure they have stopped.
Think again! An hour and 1/2 later, I am contracting. blah. Okay big deal there is not a lot of them, so I started taking Procardia every 6 hours to stop them. I would still have like one or two an hour, but they told me that they weren't worried unless I had more than 6 an hour.
Alright, good. We just got bought a room for the night but who cares. Aubrey is in, we are good.
At about midnight they took me off the monitor to help me sleep, yeah right. At 4:08 I go back on the monitor. By 4:36, I am in tears I had just had my sixth contraction while on the monitor. The nurse comes in and tells me if I have one more she is calling the dr. At 4:50 she returns to tell me what the dr has ordered since I had had 11. After shot of brethine, ouch. Let's check your cervix....yay. I had dilated to about 1cm. (More tears) I have just earned selestone (steriods) for Aubrey's lungs and the dreaded Magnesium Sulfate drip.
I don't care how miserable I am or look. Aubrey is being great. She is not requiring continuous monitoring, just like every 5 hours. Yesterday everyone kept asking if my dates were correct bc Aubrey has been acting like such a big girl.
So the plan now is to try to wean my Mag tomorrow, (I am still contracting like once an hour) and see how I do. I receive the 2nd steriod shot in the morning. If all goes well, I go home Wednesday. On bedrest until I see my doctor on Monday when he returns. I will either go home on a terbutaline pump or procardia.
I will try my best to keep everyone updated, I mean really, what else can I do.
Please keep me and Aubrey in your prayers. I love her so much and I do not want to see her little body laying in the NICU. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bless your heart! I know you must have been worried to death! I've been there! I'll keep ya'll in my prayers and definitely keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you guys know that I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteWe will keep you in our prayers and remember that God is in control and he knows when that baby girl is ready to come into this world.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Ben and Aubrey. Keep us updated.
ReplyDelete