Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Yet another day...

Well, our baby girl has grown one day older in my womb (Dr Robinette reminded me this morning). Thankfully, things are going well and still homeward bound tomorrow. Last night was an interesting one. An NICU nurse practitioner came by and greeted us and explained some of the stuff they have going on. It was very nice, I thought. Ben thought it was nice that she came by to talk, but when I explained that the OB probably put a consult in to them, he didn't like it at all. She left about 8:30 and about 9pm I started contracting every 5 mins. When I met my magic 6 within an hour, I called the nurse for some tylenol and zofran (I had gotten all worked up and upset) since I knew she would be calling the doctor soon. After speaking to the dr on call, she came and collected a magnesium level to make sure it was theraputic, gave me tylenol, and IV phenergan (bad idea). I am very sensitve to meds and my breathing went to less than ideal. I had to be put on the pulse oximeter and Ben and the nurse would wake me up a couple of times to get me to breath deeper until it started clearing my system some. Well, needless to say I slept last night and Ben did too. The contractions did stop with the phenergan, so that was good.

This morning after Ben got a bath to get ready for work, we sat me on the side of the tub and I got a sponge bath. It was GREAT! It made me feel so much better. He has been so wonderful. He told me this morning as he was basically carrying me to the bathroom that he wished we had the camcorder at the hospital bc I looked so fun trying to walk. Anyone who has ever been on mag will understand, your muscles just don't function as well.

After bathtime, I got my second dose of celastone, yay for getting big girl lungs. The dr came in and saw me about 730. We decreased my mag to 1gm and started oral terbutaline. He said we are still planning on leaving tomorrow and that they were contacted Matria, the company that will supply the terbutaline pump that I will go home on to keep contractions away (or at least not regular). Miss Aubrey went on the monitor for about 30mins and looked just great as always. These contractions have not bothered her, thank goodness. Last night, I guess they were bothering her, bc when I would start contracting, she would kick my uterus. I thought it was amusing.

After all that, Ben and I enjoyed a quite breakfast together before he left for work. It was nice. He wasn't at the hospital when the dr came by, bc the security alarms at work were going off at 7am and he had to go meet the police there. When he came back, he was pretty upset. One of his coworkers was at the office when he got there and asked how I was. I guess it was the first time he had been asked and he said he lost it. He just doesn't know what is going on and it scares him. If you know Ben, you know he likes to have a plan. Plus, between my body doing crazy things in response to these meds scared him too.

Please continue to pray for us. Pray for strength as Ben is not going to get to stay at home with me during the day, and I don't think he likes being so far away. (not that he is far, he is just not with me and Aubrey). Pray most of all that God protects Aubrey and me and that my body will keep her in until she is big and strong enough to survive outside of the NICU.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and keeping our family in your thoughts. This is not going to be easy, we know, but God is in control. We put our faith in him in the beginning and he has not failed us yet. We know that God will give us no more than we can handle.

Talk to you later!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for you guys! You are so right- give it all to God and He will take care of it. He knows what He's doing. I hope that you have an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy once you get out of there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete